Color in PDFs made from FM6

Michael Wiesenberg qatframe at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 09:06:06 PST 2013

Thanks to all who responded. Printing to Adobe
PDF and then distilling preserved xrefs and color.

Long-term this does not solve my problem. I want
to prepare a book for Kindle, which requires
dynamic pages and PDF is not a dynamic format.
Kindle deprecates PDF because the conversion from
PDF to Kindle doesn't retain all formatting
features. Amazon recommends Word as source. The
FM6-to-Word save-as feature completely loses
xrefs and font information. They become, for
example, "xrefparatextefault ¶  Font" with the
xref text gone. And pictures are lost completely.
The conversion from FM to Word may work better in
later releases of FM, but the reason I don't buy
a newer version is this is the only book I have in FrameMaker.

Even if this all worked, the point may still be
moot. My book has upwards of 20 xrefs per page,
and I don't believe Kindle books even support
cross-references (other than possibly table of contents).