Read-Write rules for table cell rotation

Scott Prentice sp10 at leximation.com
Mon Feb 4 14:22:06 PST 2013

Hi Roger...

Interesting. I've not played with this to see how (or if) this can be
done through the rules file. Did you try this (without the value.. line) ..

element "entry" {
     is fm table cell element;
     attribute "outputclass" {
         is fm property rotate;
         }
     }

I'd think that if @outputclass was set to 0, 90, 180, or 270 .. this
might rotate the cell. I know this isn't really a workable solution, but
would be interesting to see if it works. I think the idea is that you'd
have an attribute called "rotation" (or whatever) that you'd set to the
desired value .. also not really feasible with DITA since you can't
really add attributes.

DITA-FMx supports rotated cells by adding a data element to the entry
and stores the rotation value in there, then sets the cell rotation when
you open the file (via FDK coding).

Do let me know if you get this working via the rules file.

Cheers,

...scott

Scott Prentice
Leximation, Inc.