best web help add-on for FrameMaker 10?

Johan Anglemark johan.anglemark at iar.com
Tue Feb 5 04:36:42 PST 2013

On 2013-02-05 00:11, Robert Lauriston wrote:
> We've encountered JavaScript bugs in Internet Explorer 8 that break
> the TOC and search in RoboHelp 9's WebHelp output.
>
> We could fix that by upgrading to TCS 4, but that would cost $800, so
> I might as well look at other options for generating web help from
> unstructured FM.
>
> I've got MIF2Go so I'm trying that, but encountering some issues with Firefox.
>
> I'll give WebWorks ePublisher a try.
> http://www.indoition.com/online-help-authoring-tools-survey.htm says
> it costs $795 a year, does the license actually expire?

No it doesn't, but when your year is out you no longer get the quarterly
software updates from them if you don't renew. Moreover, they only
support a release for two years, so if you are still using an old
version, you're on your own after two years.

Best,

Johan
--
Johan Anglemark, Technical Communicator & Localization Manager.
IAR Systems AB