OT: Corrupt .docx file

Simon BUCH simon.buch at m-ais.com
Thu Feb 7 01:16:45 PST 2013

Hello Pat,

IF your file really is a Microsoft .DOCX format file, you should be able
to "unzip" the content of the file using an unarchiver utility like 7zip
[on Windows].   You will get a few folders, including one named 'word',
inside of which you will find a 'document.xml' file. You might be able
to rescue the content if you know how to modify the XML file.

I've found that sometimes Microsoft products indicate they are writing
out as the XML based formats [docx, xslx, etc.] but don't!

Good luck!

// Simon BUCH