Importing XML and having trouble with the Graphics

Lisa Freeman Lfreeman at oneil.com
Thu Feb 7 11:02:57 PST 2013

Hello All,

FrameMaker 8.0p277 (Not my choice, customer requirement)

In a nutshell, I am importing XML created from an AXCESS database straight in FM. The data is a basic IPC manual (one or more figures and a parts list inside a parent "assembly"). I have the EDD and Read/Write rules created and they seem to be working ok except for one thing.

I can't figure out how to get the Graphic Attribute to be recognized by FM. I am getting the following error messages:

XML Parser Messages (Document Instance)
Message Attribute 'attname' refers to an unknown entity '123.eps'

And

XML Read Messages (Document Instance)
Bad entity name (123.eps) was specified for an imported graphic

Has anyone else had the need to import graphics in this way and run across these types of errors? There's lots of information in the source manuals I have, but 99 percent of it refers to exporting graphics from FM to Markup, not the other way around.

If it makes a difference, I have full control of the template, EDD, and R?W rules, etc. I can also have the format of the XML changed to what I need if necessary.

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Lisa Freeman
Publication Support Analyst

Confidentiality Notice
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for use only by the person(s) or organization listed in the address. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender at O'Neil & Associates, Inc., immediately. Any copying, dissemination, or distribution of this communication, other than by the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.