best web help add-on for FrameMaker 10?

Matt Sullivan matt at mattrsullivan.com
Mon Feb 11 11:45:48 PST 2013

Without going into too much detail (probably already too late for that statement…) I believe what you are seeing is actually an *opportunity* to customize, not a requirement.

Media Query (CSS3 option) allows for formatting based on the device being used to display.

You can define as many or as few targets as you like, and the definitions can be within ranges.

That means you can choose to:
define one "look" for everything,
define mobile, tablet, laptop and large monitor targets
define more explicitly for specific devices
Regardless of the tool, the CSS3 simply needs to know the things that are important to you, and then apply the formatting based on the user's device of choice.

RoboHelp provides device definitions for things available today, and allows you to define new things as they become available, or customize the things that already exist.

-Matt

Matt Sullivan
technical communication | online training | eLearning

twitter: @mattrsullivan
phone: 714 960-6840