"FrameMaker has detected a problem and must quit" Really?!

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Wed Feb 13 13:10:08 PST 2013

Interesting ... I tried what your coworker did (steps 1 to 4 below), without any problems accessing/reading/writing network server FM files. It is a GigEthernet network, accessing folders to which I have read/write permission, on a fast server, etc., etc., etc.

Of course, I _normally_ just run with my data files on a separate drive ... since it is a laptop and I am not always on the corporate network here. The network server is simply a backup archive for my files.

I suppose if the "keep all data files local" work-around works for you, then continue using it. :) But many people do not necessarily have write access to their local drives (because of corporate policy for example), so I cannot see Adobe making this an "official" recommendation/requirement.