Zoom Level Settings in FM 11

Karen Robbins karendesign at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 12:08:43 PST 2013

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I just noticed that I cannot
set custom zoom levels in FM 11. Why was the functionality of the old
dialog box (or whatever it was called) removed? And no, I don't mean typing
into the percentage/drop-down box--you know, the one that doesn't even look
like an entry field until it is rolled over or clicked in. If I had to type
the size every time I needed to change zoom level, I'd have the slowest
workflow on the planet.

Seriously, are users expected to modify an .ini file just to set zoom-level
settings? (I understand from Shmuel's tip on Rocky Mountain Training's blog
that it's maker.ini line 95.) Most technical writers/editors are not
programmers and are neither comfortable nor familiar with modifying
application files this way. Seems dangerous for workgroups. Isn't that what
user interfaces are for?

--Karen