Hide paranum in conditional table cell?

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Fri Feb 22 12:00:51 PST 2013

On 22/02/2013 1:58 PM, mkopen wrote:
> Hello all,
> I have a table with one column containing a control counter that I require.
> Come pdf production I want to hide that counter (entire column, preferably),
> so I need conditional text. It's not possible to apply conditional text to a
> column, and I understand why you cannot hide the autonumumber in
> conditionalized text in a table cell. The only work-around that occurs to me
> is to insert a text frame into an anchored frame that's placed in the cell,
> and apply the condition to the counter I insert in the text frame. That works
> as far as I can see, and the autonumbered paragraph is not used anywhere else
> and has its own letter prefix. It still seems somewhat fragile, though -
> before I go with this, can anyone see anything that might break this scheme (I
> won't change the table sorting direction in the document.)

Another approach would be to create a new colour definition, "counter"
(and leave its appearance as whatever colour it is now).  Then use View
 > Color > Views to set up View 2 with "counter" in the Invisible column.

Assign colour "counter" to the pgf tag of your counter column.  (I
assume you're already using no borders/shading etc. to render the column
otherwise invisible.)

When editing, use View 1.  Before printing, switch to View 2.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator