Copy/paste of in-book xrefs

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Thu Feb 28 10:08:18 PST 2013

I do the same thing on a small scale all the time (21 files in my book). But in order to avoid the "unresolved" problem I take the following steps.

1. all files in the book are open
2. after pasting the repeated xref, double-click it to bring up the xref dialog
3. ensure the Marker Type and Cross-Reference Markers match properly
4. click the Replace button to update the link and ensure it's "live"

It sounds like a lot of work, but it only takes a few seconds - and it's a lot faster than creating a repeated xref from scratch.

Alison