Frame versus XSL-FO

Ed Nodland enodland at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 12:12:55 PST 2013

These are good inputs.

The "site:" for searching was new to me.  Thanks

I think I will stay with Framemaker and upgrade to version 11.  I hope
Adobe improves the stability and UI issues as time goes on.

I am curious if the high cost of XSL-FO development is due to FO being more
difficult then basic XSLT.  We program many XSLTs, some are complex that
merge data from multiple XML files that contain coded data in tables,
tables of descriptions of the coded data, header data, etc.  XSLT becomes a
powerful programming language for text processing if it is written
recursively like the old LISP language.  I agree this can be daunting, but
maybe I could eat FO for breakfast.  I'll have to looking to it further
when due dates don't get in my way.