FrameMaker 10 does not start ("licensing expired")

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Tue Jan 1 10:58:46 PST 2013

Scott Prentice wrote:

>I'm seeing this problem as well.
>
>Unfortunately, I don't think this will be something that can be resolved
>by Adobe fixing something in their licensing services. Before starting
>FM10 this morning, I disconnected from the Internet to test whether this
>is a local issue or from phoning home. Since I got this message (and FM10
>won't start) with no Internet connection, it seems like a local
>application issue. I'm thinking that they will need to deliver a patch for
>FM10 to fix this. Hopefully we'll hear from someone on this soon.
>
>Happy New Year!
>
>...scott

Thanks for your additional insight, Scott!  Seems logical. Those who need
to use FM10 until a patch is available (if indeed needed) can install FM11
as a trial version, and save as FM10 when FM10 can be used again.

When various FM10 bugs were discussed in the list a while back, FM11 was
mentioned as the patch for FM9/10 (for a fee), but that's a different story ;-)

[ Two years ago or so I encountered the "licensing expired" problem when
installing TCS2 on a new computer. The only real fix then, after spending
many chat/phone hours with all kinds of "solution" attempts, was to get a
new serial number from Adobe's representatives in Israel at the time. The
old serial number was absolutely valid on the previous computer or when
tested in other computers with de-activation. ]

Shlomo