Inconsistent Conditional Text Settings that won't go away

Fei Min Lorente FeiMin.Lorente at onsemi.com
Mon Jan 14 11:50:43 PST 2013

When I update some of my manuals, I get "Show/Hide setting for _____ is
inconsistent." on my TOC file. I import the conditional text settings
from the cover page file to the TOC, update the book again, and I still
get the errors. But if I import the conditional text settings from the
TOC to the rest of the manual, the errors go away. Does anyone have any
explanations for this behavior? Fortunately, I'm not using the native
conditional text settings right now, but if I cared about them, this
would be a problem.

I'm currently using FrameMaker 10 on Windows XP SP3, but I started
seeing this problem in the last few months on FrameMaker 7.2, just
before we switched over.

Fei Min

Fei Min Lorente
Senior Technical Communicator