Inconsistent Conditional Text Settings that won't go away

Gutierrez, Anita Anita.Gutierrez at sage.com
Mon Jan 14 12:39:15 PST 2013

Hi Fei Min,

Importing conditional text settings from one file to another only affects the conditions that are present in the source file.  So, let's say you have a condition "Condition1" that is present in the TOC, and is set to "Hide." "Condition1" is not present in the cover page, so importing conditional text settings won't affect this condition in the TOC. If later files have "Condition1" set to "Show," you get the book errors.

To avoid this type of error, I try to keep the number of conditions in my templates to a minimum.  When I'm working on a new book that requires a condition, I set the condition up in the first file, and then import conditional text settings from that file into every other file in the book.

Good luck!
Anita