Shift key not working when adjusting a line?

Harro de Jong Harro.deJong at triviewgroup.com
Tue Jan 15 00:48:54 PST 2013

I'm trying to adjust a line, using the shift key to constrain the line to horizontal or vertical.

I click on one of the endpoints of an existing line, drag it to its new position and then press Shift to constrain the line. But as soon as I press Shift, the endpoint is 'dropped' at the mouse position instead (with the resulting line being at whatever angle, instead of being constrained to 0 or 90 deg.).

It works correctly when I draw a new line, but only if I do this:
1. press Shift
2. click and drag to draw the line.

if I do this:
1. click to define the starting point
2. press Shift
the endpoint is again set as soon as I press Shift.

FM9.0.237, Windows 7

I can't find anything weird in my configuration. A colleague with a similar installation has the same problem.

ISTR this working correctly in FM 7, but it's been a few years since I last used that. Is this a bug in FM9?

Harro de Jong

Triview