Shift key not working when adjusting a line?

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Jan 16 07:30:47 PST 2013

On 15/01/2013 3:48 AM, Harro de Jong wrote:

> I'm trying to adjust a line, using the shift key to constrain the line
> to horizontal or vertical.
>
> I click on one of the endpoints of an existing line, drag it to its new
> position and then press Shift to constrain the line. But as soon as I
> press Shift, the endpoint is 'dropped' at the mouse position instead
> (with the resulting line being at whatever angle, instead of being
> constrained to 0 or 90 deg.).
>
> It works correctly when I draw a new line, but only if I do this:
> 1. press Shift
> 2. click and drag to draw the line.
>
> if I do this:
> 1. click to define the starting point
> 2. press Shift
> the endpoint is again set as soon as I press Shift.
>
> FM9.0.237, Windows 7
>
> I can't find anything weird in my configuration. A colleague with a
> similar installation has the same problem.
>
> ISTR this working correctly in FM 7, but it's been a few years since I
> last used that. Is this a bug in FM9?

I don't remember the behaviour in FM 7. In FM 10, you must press Shift
*before* clicking or dragging, either to create a new line, or to adjust
an existing handle.  When adjusting a handle after pressing shift, it is
the motion of the handle, not the angle of the line, that is constrained
to vertical or horizontal.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers