FM 11 crashing consistently on Save Ditamap As > PDF

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 24 11:27:59 PST 2013

The submap was newly made, as were the two files in the map, so they couldn't have caused the original issue.  I copied the whole subdirectory containing these files to my C: drive and things now work! So there must be a restriction within the directory on the network that is causing the FM to crash.  I notice that when I just do as Save As PDF on that network drive for a single DITA file, it goes through the whole PDF process, tries to open the file and finally posts the message "There was an error opening this document. The file cannot be found." However, if I do a Print to PDF, the PDF file is successfully produced.
 There must be some weird set of permissions on that network directory that sees the system writing a PDF as different from the user writing the PDF. Until my IT guys get that fixed, I'll be working locally off the C: drive. It still seems strange that FM would just crash as a result. CraigDate: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:39:04 -0800