Job Ops: Networking technology writers

Grant Hogarth grant at hedgewizard.net
Thu Jan 24 13:35:30 PST 2013

Hi all! The company I have been contracting for for the past 9 months
now has some open contract positions that they want to fill
immediately.  I'm posting here because they are FrameMaker jobs.

Bard (http://www.bardwrite.com/
<redir.aspx?C=fc7b544926bf43e19dad21c7de1a7103&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.bardwrite.com%2f>)
is looking immediately to fill a number ofpositions with writers who
haveXML experience and network security knowledge and experience in at
least some of the following areas:

  * Cloud/Network security
  * Email/Web security
  * Security policies
  * Intrusion prevention
  * Encryption
  * Authentication
  * Mobile device management
  * VPN management

On a separate requirement, Bard is looking for multiple writers with
experience doing hardware and software documentation, ideally in
networking (switching, routing, wireless, or combination), with an
emphasis on data center switching and network management. XML experience
will be a definite plus. There is also a desire for at least a couple of
writers with writing for mobile use or video-creation experience.

Obviously not everyone will have /all/this experience, but a successful
applicant will have some of it.

The other information I have at this time is that:

  * The writing will be done using FrameMakerand or XML(client-provided).
  * The client will be doing the writer selection (Bard will pass the
    qualified names/resumes to them).
  * The client is a major player in the networking world and is looking
    at this being a long-term contract opportunity, running through at
    least 2013. The usualcontract is six months.
  * There is currently no requirement for the writers to be on-site, so
    non-US applications are welcome, provided they meet the other
    requirements.
  * Writers will start as US 1099 contractors; Bard is examining the
    option of making a W2-contract available later in 2013

Please send resume (word or PDF format) and cover letter to
admin at bardnangleann.com
<redir.aspx?C=fc7b544926bf43e19dad21c7de1a7103&URL=mailto%3aadmin%40bardnangleann.com>ASAP.
No agency/recruiter applications please.