Pagination FM 11

rebecca officer rebecca.officer at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Thu Jan 31 10:28:06 PST 2013

Hi judy

In your maker.ini file, you can set FM to display onscreen using print settings. If you do that and have Adobe PDF as your default printer, it might make FM have the same pagination onscreen as in the PDF.

Well found on the rest - empty text boxes can be a pig to track down.

Cheers
Rebecca

>>> Judy Bragg <judy at hypack.com> 02/01/13 5:57 AM >>>
And the answer is...

Thanks to some "super-sleuthing" by Rick Quatro the causes have been found.
One document had a stray, empty text box that was preventing the
deletion of the extra pages.

The other included an inset with a table. In FrameMaker 11 it splits
across 2 pages (a header row and 2 body rows flow to the second page),
but in the PDF it stays all on one page which affects the pagination of
the remaining pages in the document so another blank page results,
apparently after "extra pages" have been deleted.  I'll have to follow
up with Adobe on this one, I guess.

Thanks to all of you for your willingness to help.

Judy Bragg
Technical Writer
HYPACK, Inc.
860-635-1500