Issues Using Windows 7 and FrameMaker 8 & FrameMaker 11

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 7 02:50:26 PDT 2013

At 14:34 -0700 5/7/13, Scott Prentice wrote:

>Win7 has much more strict file access requirements than XP. I'd go back to whoever created the automated tools/scripting and have them make the necessary adjustments to allow it to work on Win7.

Agree with Scott. The only thing I would add is, in relation to your original post, C is not a scripting language, it is a coding (programming) language. This implies that your in-house process is hard-coded, which makes it a bit more likely that it would require re-coding to work with a new version of Windows.

As I'm not familiar with the Win API, I can't suggest anything more specific, but whoever coded the processing can probably fix it for Win 7. Pass them as much detail as you can of how it's failing: it's their problem, as they own the code. Your leverage here is that XP is to go out of support next year.

<http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/end-support-help>

--
Steve [Trim e-mails: use less disk, use less power, use less planet]