Cleaning Character Formats

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Tue Jul 9 12:49:24 PDT 2013

If I'm reading your message right, you should be choosing "Character
Tag:" in the Find dialog, rather than a "Character Format." The former
searches for text with the assigned character style. The latter finds
text with specific attributes, which may or may not have been assigned a
character style.

Mike Wickham