A query regarding <$paranum>

Robert CH Shell rshell at iafrica.com
Fri Jul 12 08:42:11 PDT 2013

Dear Framers:
My paranum variable is not spitting out the entire string of autonumbers.

I am following Fred Ridder's post, viz.

In the LOF file, on the LOF reference page, try changing the <$paranumonly>
building block to <$paranum>. The <$paranumonly> building block is designed
to pick up only the numbers (and any separators between the digits) and omit
any other following content produced by the autonumbering format. In other
words, it is specifically designed to *eliminate* the kind of extra
characters you are trying to add. <$paranum>, by contrast, picks up the
entire autonumbering string.

 -Fred Ridder

But my chapter number variable embedded in the PGF is not answering to the
helm.
The <$volnum> works

The number of the item works,

 But the <$chapnum> variable does not.

Here is the PGF:

V:Video: <$volnum>: <$chapnum>: <n+>:~

Here is the caption: every element respected

Video: 4: 3:2:~The Company hospital

Here is the result in the generated list of videos:

Video: 4: 1: 2:~ The Company hospital......................	 1879

What it should be is

Video: 4: 2: 2:~ The Company hospital......................	 1879

I am certain I am doing something wrong....

Rob Shell

PC
8 Gbyte
3 terrabyte drives