Auto-rotate pages in PDF

Jay Mahler jay at mahler.com
Mon Jul 22 08:50:00 PDT 2013

Framers,

I'm stumped again. I'm running FM9 V9.0p237 and Acrobat Distiller 9.5.1283 on Win7.

I'm distilling a large file that mostly has portrait pages with some embedded landscape pages. The file is set up so that "Apply Master Pages" automatically sets the appropriate  portrait/landscape orientation after edits. When I review the pages in FM, they all  have correct orientation. When I generate the PDF, the landscape pages are generated as if they are portrait (they are cut off on the right and left). The Distiller job settings has "Compatibility" set to "Acrobat 5.0 (PDF 1.4)" and "Auto-Rotate Pages" set to "Individually." The other options shouldn't really matter.

My client is still using FM8 (I save as FM8 when I return files), but she has Acrobat 11 installed. She can correctly generate the PDF for the same files.

This has worked for me in the past with these files (a couple of years ago with FM9). Has anyone run into this issue?

Jay