Multi-Volume Documents

Valerie Lipow vallipow at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 08:40:09 PDT 2013

I'm working on a U.S. Air Force maintenance manual containing three
volumes. I know how to enumerate the chapters and cross-references within
each volume, and how to enumerate the volumes and manage the
cross-references within the book.

One audience will use Volumes I and II; another will use Volumes I and III.
Each of the three volumes will be a separate PDF file in some future
electronic manual storage site. I have no way to know the paths for the
file locations.

What is the best way to make persistent cross references across volumes
after the book is PDF'ed? Can it be done in Framemaker?

--
Valerie Lipow
vallipow at gmail.com