Multi-Volume Documents

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Wed Jul 24 09:08:05 PDT 2013

Hi Valerie,

With cross-references and hyperlinks, the only way to ensure that the PDF
links work is to make sure the resulting PDFs are in the same relative
location that the FrameMaker books were in.  Or, vise versa: If you know how
the PDFs are going to be stored relative to each other, you could organize
the FrameMaker books to match this relative arrangement.

After you find out how the PDFs are going to be stored, you may be able to
use a third-party program to modify the links in the PDF. I use AutoBookmark
Professional from www.evermap.com for this kind of thing. In any case, it is
difficult to provide links between PDFs when you don't know how they are
going to be stored relative to each other.

Rick

Rick Quatro

Carmen Publishing Inc.

585-283-5045