A Pantone colour definition question

Matt Sullivan matt at mattrsullivan.com
Tue Jul 30 15:01:34 PDT 2013

David, define your color as Pantone 390C, specify spot color, and use the CMYK representation as the definition.

Arnis may jump in to explain when Windows stopped bolloxing the colors, but with Win7, you should have no problems with the file.

Doing a Save as PDF, using the Adobe PDF print driver should respect the spot color in the PDF, and if sent to a CMYK device, respect the color you defined in the doc.

Try all of this and let me know if it doesn't work as promised.

-Matt

Matt R. Sullivan
co-author Publishing Fundamentals: Unstructured FrameMaker 11
P: 714.798.7596 | C: 714.585.2335 | matt at mattrsullivan.com

@mattrsullivan LinkedIn facebook mattrsullivan.com