Headings Missing from Bookmark List?

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Sun Jun 2 07:47:54 PDT 2013

Karen,

You wrote:

> Several heading paragraph styles I know are in use and in the book's
documents do not appear in

 > the PDF Setup for Selected Files dialog Include Paragraphs or Don't
Include lists when setting up

 > PDF bookmarks. It does appear all files in the book are highlighted when
I invoke this dialog.

 > What happened to them? How can I get them back?
 > (I'm taking odds on "make a new book file"....)

Try importing all paragraph formats into the first non-generated file in
your book, then update the book.

The paragraph formats should then appear as options for bookmarks in the PDF
Setup dialog box.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http:// microtype.com

FrameMaker/Acrobat/Captivate training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants

"Enable and encourage user input in PDFs (viewed with Adobe Reader)"

Half-hour webinar (free; no fluff, no hype, no nonsense), June 5, starting
9am PDT

https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/157658438