straightforward approach for adding icons to paragraph tag? (no tables, macros, or multiple tags, please)

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Tue Jun 4 17:40:54 PDT 2013

(I am not sure I _entirely_ understand what you mean.)

If you mean "one paragraph format" and "one character format" (if you want to use an icon), then, yes, that is true.

But my approach gives you more flexibility in one way. Using an autonumber requires a _separate_ paragraph format for each type of icon you want - i.e., each with its own auto-number sequence. That can work, of course, but if you have enough _different_ icons, then my approach is simpler, I believe (as long as the icons are all from in a single given font - like ZapfDingbats for example).

Your choice, of course! :)

> That would be two tags. I want just one tag since that's more straightforward for single-sourcing to various outputs.