composite books?

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Sun Jun 9 12:36:51 PDT 2013

Hi John,

I include PDF and Word docs in my FM books for the convenience of
being able to click the link and have the external program open them.
For instance, if I'm converting a Word doc to FM, I'll add the Word
doc to the book file so that I don't have to hunt around for it.
However, FM cannot DO anything with them itself. It can't open them,
it can't read them, nor can it include them in book generation. Would
that it could!!

If you want to include these docs in your Framemaker book, you will
need to import them into a FM document as objects.

Carol

At 11:00 AM 6/9/2013, you wrote:
>Do I remember right that I can build a FM11 unstructured book that
>can include non-FM files?
>I can't find anything in the help, but maybe I do not recall the
>name of the feature

Carol J. Elkins---A Written Word LLC
Making Information Understandable
Phone: 719-948-3773