Query about what happens in structured Frame

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Sat Jun 15 09:10:46 PDT 2013

Hi Theresa,

Here is the document you need to start with:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FrameMaker/8.0/structapp_dev.pdf

This will give you information on working with structured FrameMaker and
structured applications. When you need reference information, you can use
this:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FrameMaker/8.0/structapp_dev_ref.pdf

As far as your project, what you need is to have the XHTML EDD and template
modified to match your existing unstructured template. Your Access developer
should be able to produce valid XHTML from the Access data. You would then
open the XHTML export from Access in FrameMaker, and the formatting should
be pretty much done.

Since you have a lot of FrameMaker experience, you can probably figure it
out with the documentation above. Because there is already an XHTML
application in FrameMaker 8, you don't have to start from scratch anyway.
Another approach would be to hire someone to help you modify the existing
application. I would certainly be willing to do some "live" sessions where
you could watch me make the modifications via web meetings. Then you can
learn at the same time as the job is getting done. When you feel
comfortable, you could finish it up yourself. I can't speak for Shlomo, but
he does a lot of working web meetings, and may be willing to do the same
thing.

If you are looking for "free" help, you can certainly post questions here as
you read the documentation and start experimenting. Please let me know if
you have any questions or comments. Thank you very much.

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-283-5045