Query about what happens in structured Frame

Ed Nodland enodland at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 10:32:06 PDT 2013

Theresa,

I remember learning Frame for the first time in 2006. Many long days at the
PC that summer.  I went straight into structured Frame to print large
(1,200 page) XML documents to PDF for commercial printing. These documents
were already being transformed to HTML and another CD publishing format
called Folio Views that we have used since 1990.  I've slowly learned many
of the unstructured basics over the years, but it's mostly just open the
file in Frame, make a few image, table and page numbering adjustments and
click print.  If you are not familiar with XML, DTD, XHTML, XSLT, CSS, EDD
and Read/Write rules what you may need is a "concept" overview. Myself, I
find it difficult to request help or oversee a project if the terminology
does not fit together in my mind and flow off of my tongue freely.

We author, track, and translate documents using an in-house application
that stores the content in a SQL Server database. The data is exported out
of the database to a single XML file and transformed to XHTML for web
publishing, or opened directly into Frame and printed to a PDF file for
commercial printing of hardcopy books.

I am not looking for work and don't have time to teach you the details, but
I am willing to connect via a meeting app and show you the components of
the DB to XML/HTML to Frame process.

Ed Nodland