Crop marks on PDF

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Wed Jun 19 16:02:06 PDT 2013

Hi everyone, I rarely print to anything other than standard 8.5 x 11
so I'm struggling a bit here with a smaller page size.

I'm using Frame 11, without the most recent patch, and Acrobat XI. My
Frame page size is set to 4 x 5.7 inches and my PDF options and Job
Options are the same. The PDF output is the correct page size. All is
good. However, I want my client to be able to print the PDF on
standard 8.5 x 11 paper and see trim marks that define the page size
of the PDF. I can do this in Frame by selecting File>>Save As>> PDF
and selecting Western registration marks. All is good.

HOWEVER, I don't want all of the registration marks; I want only trim
marks. So I need to do this in Acrobat, not Frame. I cannot get
Acrobat set up to do this correctly.  I've located the Add Printer
Marks toolbar, but I can't get it to work. I suspect that the printed
page size needs to be bigger than the page size defined by the trim
marks. However, I can't define a different page size in the PDF file;
that needs to be done in Frame. But I don't want Frame to change the
PDF output's page size.

I'm going in circles here. Any advice? (This was so simple in earlier
versions of both Frame and Acrobat.)

Carol

Carol J. Elkins---A Written Word LLC
Making Information Understandable