Frame 11 catastrophe -- unable to open old Frame files

Peter Schorer peteschorer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 01:25:04 PST 2013

A couple of days ago I found out that hundreds of the old Frame files I had
always been able to open through several versions of Frame, can no longer be
opened in Frame 11.  This has been confirmed by two Frame 11 experts.  For
me in my work, this is nothing short of a catastrophe.

Incredibly -- yet this too has been confirmed by Frame 11 experts -- those
old files have been converted into Microsoft Word files!  That wasn't done
by me, since I have never used MS Word in my life, and have certainly never
converted a Frame file into an MS Word file.

I can't possibly be the only long-time Frame user who has made this shocking
discovery.  Adobe/Frame management could fix the problem by simply allowing
all those old files to be opened as Text files.  This is how I always opened
them in the past.

Needless to say, prior to my buying Frame 11 last fall, Frame 11 Sales
mentioned not a word about old Frame files no longer being accessible.

I would like to hear from anyone who has run into this major problem.

-- Peter Schorer