FrameMaker 11: change mnemonic shortcut

Harro de Jong Harro.deJong at triviewgroup.com
Thu Mar 14 07:17:09 PDT 2013

Yves Barbion wrote:

> In Frame 11, the mnemonic shortcut ALT+v+m is used for two menu commands:
> View > Element Boundaries as Tags and View Master Pages (actually
> ALT+v+m+m. This seems to have changed compare to previous versions, which
> had ALT+v+l to view the element boundaries. ALT+v+l is now used to View Line
> Numbers.
>
> I want to use ALT+v+l again to view the element boundaries, so I guess I'll have to
> change this in one of the menu configuration files (*.cfg). Any ideas which file I have
> to change and how?

IIRC you can just enter your new definitions in customui.cfg, the settings in this file will override the other files.

The notation used is:
+ for Shift, ^ for Control, and ~ for Alt.
The Esc key abbreviation is \!

Here's a sample line from my configui.cfg:
<Modify ZoomIn	<KeySequence ^ i>>

So you need to find the command label in the other commands files (ViewElementBoundaries is a decent first guess, but you'd have to check).

The commands files sometimes use spaces, but not always, so ALT+v+l is written as either ~vl or ~ v l
Esc combinations are in cmds.cfg, ALT commands are more likely to be in wincmds.cfg

Harro de Jong
Triview