a complex Find & Replace?

Sat Mar 16 11:33:03 PDT 2013

John Sgammato wrote:

> Do you know if FM11 unstructured can Find and Replace with a condition?
> I have FrameScript but I have neither the time nor the skill to write a script
> and test it (I have to check this in on Sunday night.)

Jeez, I wish the server didn't hold messages and spit them out at random intervals long after they were posted. I just saw this today -- hope it's not too late.

There's nothing complex about it -- this is a simple find and replace.

1) Put the cursor in some text tagged with the condition you want to use and select Edit > Copy Special > Conditional Text Settings.

2) Select Edit > Find/Change.

3) In the dialog, set Find to Text and enter the text you want to apply the condition to. Set Change to By Pasting and click Find. FM finds and highlights the text you searched for.

4) Click Change. FM applies the condition you copied to the clipboard to the highlighted text.

5) Repeat a few times until you're confident that you're always finding the right strings. Then click Change All.

That's all there is to it.

HTH!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer