Custom font renders different when saving as PDF vs print PS and distill

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Mon Mar 18 11:42:11 PDT 2013

Hi Framers,

I have a FrameMaker 10 document that uses a custom TTF symbols font. The
symbols display fine in my FrameMaker document. When I Save As PDF, the
symbols become squares in the PDF. If I choose the Adobe PDF printer in
FrameMaker, make a .ps file and Distill it, the symbols come through fine. I
am using Distiller X. Any idea why the output would be different using Save
As versus .ps/Distill? Thanks in advance.

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-283-5045