Cursor key navigation in tables - and another thing (graphic frame placement)

Reng, Dr. Winfried wreng at tycoint.com
Mon Mar 18 08:34:05 PDT 2013

Hi Heidi,

Do you just import the file into an anchored frame?

You can also use a dedicated table with a single cell and without
borders. The width should be that of your text column. Use a
special paragraph format, e.g. figure in this table cell to hold the
anchored frame. Press ESC m p to shrinkwrap the anchored frame to
the size of the graphic. Then the anchored frame will be set to "At
Insertion Point". If you set the alignment of your figure paragraph
format to Left, all your anchored frames will be left aligned.
Additionally a table has a table title which you can use as figure title.
Very convenient to control.

Best regards

Winfried

> Oh, and while I'm emailing the list:
> Whenever I put a new graphic frame in (eg when doing Esc fif to place a
> screenshot), FM centers the frame. I need my graphic frames left-aligned, so
> it is a pain to have to reset this each time.
> I hunted through the maker.ini file but found nothing. Is there some way of
> setting FM to always left-align new graphic frames?
>
> Thanks,
> Heidi

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.