Custom font renders different when saving as PDF vs print PS and distill

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Mon Mar 18 14:14:19 PDT 2013

Rick and I discussed this over the phone.

The problem appears to be associated with not using the RGB option when using the "save as PDF" option.

When you don't use the RGB option, FrameMaker uses the old UNIX FrameMaker PostScript generator instead of using the Windows PostScript driver via GDI. Apparently that UNIX PostScript generator code had some problems mapping characters in Rick's symbol font. It could have been a missing mapping table in the font itself.

            - Dov

[cid:image001.png at 01CE23E2.E19480B0]

Dov Isaacs
Principal Scientist
Adobe Systems Incorporated

+1 408.536.2896 (tel)
+1 408.242.5161 (cell)
isaacs at adobe.com<mailto:isaacs at adobe.com>

345 Park Avenue
San Jose, CA  95110-2704 USA
http://www.adobe.com<http://www.adobe.com/>

Feel free to print this e-mail if your needs dictate hard copy.
There is no need to feel guilty about printing!
Paper is renewable and recyclable.

ISAACS-OFFICE.corp.adobe.com