FW: OT: Corporate madness - Adobe software to be subscription only

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Thu May 9 10:25:18 PDT 2013

Your point about ownership is well taken. However, having a disk does mean
that you have access to a given software package you can count on (and not
some changing version of it). Also, given that license, they cannot revoke
your ability of use the software in that state, and they have certain
obligations to make sure you are able to do that (i.e. they can't simply
turn of your license at their end on a whim). Obviously, they can turn off
support at some point.

Or maybe I am wrong about their responsibilities. I'd love to hear more info
on this topic.

Craig