OT: Corporate madness - Adobe software to be subscription only

Steve Johnson chinaski69 at gmail.com
Sat May 11 11:36:48 PDT 2013

Almost everyone keeps ignoring the question of CHOICE. There's no doubt you
can make a case for subscription but you can also make a case for getting
the disks or downloading the software.

Of what benefit to Adobe is depriving us to choose what we want? Why is
mailing me disks for additional cost or providing a download bad for Adobe?
Clearly it isn't. There is something else going on.

Certainly Adobe will jack up the price of subscription. They might have
other things in mind also but the point is, why make everyone adopt a model
that doesn't benefit everyone? What's in it for Adobe? That's what I'd like
to know.

Steve Johnson, dr_gonzo at pobox.com