OT: Corporate madness - Adobe software to be subscription only

Writer generic668 at yahoo.ca
Sat May 11 16:34:19 PDT 2013

This is why I'm uncomfortable with suites of software. Especially ones that are so interdependent. I don't like having all my eggs in one basket.

Nadine

PS: Z, you seem to be good with numbers. How much are we going to need to raise to create an FM competitor?

>Almost everyone keeps ignoring the question of CHOICE. There's no doubt you can make a case for subscription but you can also make a case for getting the disks or downloading the software.
>
>Of what benefit to Adobe is depriving us to choose what we want? Why is mailing me disks for additional cost or providing a download bad for Adobe? Clearly it isn't. There is something else going on.

Certainly Adobe will jack up the price of subscription. They might have other things in mind also but the point is, why make everyone adopt a model that doesn't benefit everyone? What's in it for Adobe? That's what I'd like to know.