FM8 and Win8 (Was: Corporate madness - Adobe software to be subscription only)

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Mon May 13 10:51:37 PDT 2013

On Mon, 13 May 2013 10:23:49 -0700, Lea Rush <lea at astoria-pacific.com> wrote:

>I'm one who's stayed with FM8 and become increasingly happy about that
>decision as I've watched the issues with the new interface accumulate. I'd
>like to keep using it as long as possible or until Jeremy's project comes to
>fruition. :)

Me too.  FM8 works fine on Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate, and
I'm perfectly happy with it.  Can't stand the UI for FM9
and up, so never use those.

>However, I'm a little concerned about Win8. FM8 is five years old, and I'm a
>bit concerned about compatibility, especially in the light of some Microsoft
>engineers slipping and referring to the "legacy" desktop interface.
>Thoughts?

I think it will be several more years before you need to
worry.  XP is still around and working in many places,
and Win 7 is likely to be with us a lot longer, given
the disaster MS perpetrated with Win 8.  They really
can't make enterprise customers "upgrade" to something
as ill-conceived as 8...

I'd give FM 8 on Win 7 another five years, at least.
Not to worry.  ;-)

  <jeremy at omsys.com>    http://mif2go.com/