FM8 and Win8 and Acrobat (Was: Corporate madness)

Theresa de Valence TdeV at bstw.com
Wed May 15 09:18:16 PDT 2013

On 5/13/2013 12:51 PM, Jeremy H. Griffith wrote:
> On Mon, 13 May 2013 10:23:49 -0700, Lea Rush <lea at astoria-pacific.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm one who's stayed with FM8 and become increasingly happy about that
>> decision as I've watched the issues with the new interface accumulate. I'd
>> like to keep using it as long as possible or until Jeremy's project comes to
>> fruition. :)
>
> Me too.  FM8 works fine on Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate, and
> I'm perfectly happy with it.  Can't stand the UI for FM9
> and up, so never use those.

Me too. FM8 works fine on Windows 7 64-bit. The only thing which I
minded was that my Acrobat Professional 8 stopped working and I had to
upgrade to Acrobat X which stupidly will not allow more than one open
window (without a file open) and does not allow the user to position
where Acrobat resides. I have two monitors, first horizontal and second
vertical, and Acrobat ALWAYS opens in the dead space between the two
monitors. I can't believe that a graphics-oriented company would be that
demented about displays.

Theresa