FrameMaker 11 and referenced graphics pointing to wrong drive: nightmare alley

Rob Shell rshell at iafrica.com
Tue May 14 11:38:46 PDT 2013

Dear Framers:
I wonder if anyone out there has experienced this.
I upgraded windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit.
To do this I had to do a clean reinstall on the C: drive which meant
reinstalling every single bit of software including TC4. No drives were
reassigned or re-named.
Everything went well -- and three days later --  I had my new 64 bit machine
with 8 gigs of Ram.  All this was done to facilitate one big 10,000 page
annual pdf project.
Finally I opened the book of books.
Everything opened well but every single graphic (all referenced, all under
250kb) was now referenced to the H: where the FM texts reside.
However, all the graphics files really reside on the G: drive.
So now I have 1,000 graphics files which are mis-referenced.

My questions are
How can I restore the proper drive letter in object properties?
How did this happen?
Has anybody experienced this?
Is there anything else I can do
Perhaps if I copy the G: directories to H: the problems will go away.
Any ideas?

Rob

Rob Shell
Windows Seven 64 bit