FrameMaker-7.2/Acrobat7.1 Issue

Richard Doll sgmlindy at tds.net
Fri May 17 21:07:40 PDT 2013

the function of my catalog production for 15yrs has been as follows
(sort-of).

1. input and page SGML text w/image calls into Frame with EDD styling.
2. crop/resize the .eps/.tif images (when nec.) and modify (when nec.) the
text.
3. print via Acrobat to PDF and FTP to cust.
4. revise from cust. marked proof where nec. / and reprint for OK & extract
TOC data.
5. In Frame "import" the opening "Section" PDF [p1] and the "TOC" [p2] -
both unnumbered.
6. still in Frame "typeset and overlay" the TOC text and print the 2pp to
PDF.
- - - Now comes the NEW TODAY problem - - -
7. in Acrobat . . . open the "body/text"-PDF and INSERT the 2p TOC "before"
p1 of the body pp. [any quan. 16 to 256+]

7. errors . . . upon the INSERT  and dies without error message

I did call Adobe Support where the issue was acknowledged as a prob. and was
connected to a tech and did as requested.

in order to replace/download an updated Acrobat . . .
I 1st needed to "remove" the current/existing version
which I did, then downloaded . . . and key'd in the "new" activation"
24-digit number to have it error out.
Support details follow . . . Who should I contact NOW???

messages to/from support latest 1st
Notes from Customer
Friday, May 17, 2013 8:00:32 PM PDT
I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO HAVE THE Adobe Acrobat THAT WAS DOWNLOADED TODAY
"activated with the number

1016-1415-6479-6184-1333-2468

   NOT working. . is rejected

ONLY successful action of this "download" process was DELETING/REMOVING the
original and operating version of Acrobat at your direction.

So, NOW I have NO Acrobat.

Can you repair/my loss???

dick doll Phn. 317-539-4857

Notes from Customer
Friday, May 17, 2013 6:18:29 PM PDT
activation # of downloaded Adobe Acrobat Pro 7.0 FAILED,

Your process required (deletion of loaded program) and with activstion
failure . . . NOW I HAVE NO ACROBAT.

And, NOW . . . What do I do.

Notes to Customer
Friday, May 17, 2013 1:45:35 PM PDT
Hi Richard,
Thank you for contacting Adobe. You contacted us as you wanted to know about
activation of Adobe product.
We hope we were able to reslove your concern.
If you have any concerns or any further questions please feel free to
contact us again, we are available 24x7.
Thanks,
jijo francis
Adobe Customer Support

best to all,