OT: Corporate madness - Adobe software to be subscription

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Tue May 21 13:09:00 PDT 2013

In the US, you can choose not to depreciate software, provided it
meets certain conditions and you haven't exceeded certain limits:

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p946/ch02.html

For WebWorks, for me the subscription model penciled out as cheaper in
the long run. We have to update our browser support regularly, which
usually means new browser-version-specific bugs that require updating
our help generation tool.

I paid for the first year with the money I saved by not upgrading to
RoboHelp 10, which would have cost the same $800 since we have
RoboHelp 9 as part of TCS 3.5.