BookMifWash

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Tue May 28 16:36:22 PDT 2013

With the FrameMaker 10 version of BookMIFWash, the documentation is
ridiculously hidden in the fm_bookmifwash.c file. Use a text editor to
view the file and you will find this at the beginning:

/********************************************************************/
/* */
/* ADOBE SYSTEMS INCORPORATED */
/* Copyright 1986 - 2010 Adobe Systems Incorporated */
/* All Rights Reserved */
/* */
/* NOTICE: Adobe permits you to use, modify, and distribute this */
/* file in accordance with the terms of the Adobe license agreement */
/* accompanying it. If you have received this file from a source */
/* other than Adobe, then your use, modification, or distribution */
/* of it requires the prior written permission of Adobe. */
/* */
/********************************************************************/
/*The client will add a new Menu –Book Utilities when the books is in
the current focus.
This Menu option will have following two sub-menus:
- Book MIF Wash: MIF Wash the book components. Before continuing the
operation the
client will prompt the user to make a backup copy of the file set as the
files
in the book will be overwritten after MIF wash operation. The client
will then
open the files in book one by one, saving them as MIFs and also saving
them back
to fm file format at the same time.
- Open all Book Components (Suppress Warnings): Open all components in
the book with
suppressed warnings and alert messages. User would not need to click on
missing
fonts, missing graphics and other such alerts while opening the documents.

/********************************************************************/
/*
* ---------------------------------------------------------
* To Register your client with the FrameMaker product.
* ---------------------------------------------------------
* The FrameMaker product needs to know about your client to initialize
it. To let the FrameMaker product know about this client, you must make
some changes to the environment under which the client runs.
* 1. Copy the attached dll to FrameMaker 10\fminit folder in the Program
Files installation directory.
* 2. Open maker.ini file in the FrameMaker 10 directory. Add the
following lines to the [APIClients] section of the maker.ini file:
* MIFwash=Standard, MIF Wash, fminit\BookComponentMIFWash.dll, all

* Note: This is the format for the maker.ini client entry.
* ClientName=ClientType, description, path, mode
* ClientName is the name that the FrameMaker product and other clients
use to reference your client. ClientType specifies your client type: for
example, Standard, DocReport, or TextImport. description is a string
describing your client. path is the pathname of your client’s DLL. mode
determines what product interfaces your client supports—can be one of
all, maker, or structured.

* 3. Launch FrameMaker 10. To verify that the client has been registered
successfully open a new book. A menu bar with “Book MIF Wash” name
should get added.
*/

Mike Wickham