Structured FM11 - Issue with Saving FrameMaker File

George, Brenda (CAI) BGeorge at federatedinv.com
Tue Nov 5 10:25:00 PST 2013

I am working in a Structured FrameMaker 11 | Windows 7 environment. I have been working on a test computer. Another testing site was built today, and I am currently working in this newly built computer. I am imported xml files into FM 11 using an automated process. The imported xml files are formatted upon completion of the import into FM11. In the previous computer that I used for testing, when I saved the newly imported FM11 file, I had to save the FrameMaker file using Save As the first time. When I did this, the FrameMaker file saved with the existing file name. I did not need to apply a new file name before saving. If I attempted to save the file the first time using Save, when I closed and then reopened the FrameMaker file, some of the formatting was lost, particularly with tables.

In this newly built computer, I am finding that when I perform a Save As, I am receiving an error message that reads:

This document was saved to a temporary file, but FrameMaker can't rename it to have the correct name. The newer version has an odd suffix (See attached image)

If I want to save the file using Save As I have to change the name, then it will save, and when I reopen the Framemaker file, the formatting will be intact.

Is there a setting that I need to change in FrameMaker 11 in order for me to be able to Save As the Framemaker files without having to change the name before saving? As mentioned, in the other test site that I worked in I was able to Save As without changing the file name.
Brenda George
Desk: (724) 720-8491
bgeorge at federatedinv.com

Unless notified to the contrary by the sender, the recipient should
consider the contents of this message including any attachments to
be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient and have
received this message in error, please contact Federated Investors
immediately by forwarding this email to notify at federatedinv.com and
then delete this message from your system. Saving, copying or
disseminating an inadvertently received email could violate state
and Federal privacy laws. All emails received by or sent from
Federated may be provided to regulators or law enforcement
agencies, or used for other purposes consistent with Federated's
business interests. Thank you for your cooperation.