It works! FM11 --> Salesforce

John Sgammato john.sgammato at actifio.com
Wed Nov 6 10:42:59 PST 2013

It took a long time and a lot of grief, but I can now populate a Salesforce
Knowledge knowledge base with hundreds of properly linked, CSS formatted
procedures from my active FrameMaker 11 (unstructured) content.
This was a join effort with Art Campbell and Rick Quatro. Rick wrote the
scripts at the heart of the process; his scripts simplified a 27-step
procedure to about 4 steps.
The solution requires FrameScript 6 and Mif2Go.
The basic procedure is:
Before You Begin: get on the same page with your Salesforce admin. You
cannot be successful until some things are configured on the Salesforce
side.
1. Clean up your FM files so they are suitable for online use.
2. Set up a project folder with the scripts, Mif2go ini files, etc.
3. UseMif2go to generate XHTML output, breaking into new files at your
selected para tags.
4. Run Rick's master script, which invokes some other scripts, generating a
ZIP file.
5. (Salesforce admin) In Salesforce Knowledge, Import Article and upload
the ZIP file.
6. (Salesforce admin) Review and publish the articles.

I plan to present this at the STC Summit in Phoenix in May, if my
submission is selected. I will probably also present it at STC New
England's Interchange conference in the spring.

I'll be happy to work with others interested in this exciting project.

--

<http://www.actifio.com/>    *John Sgammato, Documentation Architect*
*e* john.sgammato at actifio.com  *c* 508.927.2083

333 Wyman Street, Waltham, MA 02451
<http://twitter.com/actifio>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/399246>
<https://plus.google.com/102870897962348937868/posts>
  <http://www.youtube.com/user/actifio>    <http://www.actifio.com/>

*Radically simple copy data management *

*.*