variables interface

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 12 07:08:06 PST 2013

I have a template with a series of built in variables that have generic content until used in a specific document.

Double-clicking on a variable brings up the variables pod where I then have to click Edit to bring up the window wherein I can actually change the content of the variable.

Does anybody know a way to do this in one step? (My current process is clearly a more complicated way to have to change variable content than the old interface provided.)

If a one-step edit is not possible, can Adobe please add a modifier key that can be pressed when doubled clicking on a variable so that the Edit window is immediately available?

Apologies if I'm doing things the hard way and an obvious solution is available. Please clue me in if that is the case.

Thanks, framers!

Craig